Through our whole working life we save for retirement and put money into stocks, bonds and mutual funds. But were you ever told how to protect your money after retirement starts?
Most people who have IRAs and 401(k)s in the market are exposed to market risk, even after they start taking post-retirement distributions. Classical advice is to avoid this risk by moving more and more money into bonds with low exposure to risk and even lower exposure to growth. But it doesn’t have to be this way!
Fixed Indexed Annuities (FIAs) are insurance products which reflect gains in the market but are protected by the insurer from downside risk.
- In an up market, both the index and the FIA grow.
- During a down period, the insurance company behind the FIA protects against loss.
- With no losses, the FIAs have more principal working for you.
Among the many products and planning services we offer Fixed Index Annuities are especially popular among our clients who want to
- Seek gains without losses.
- Prepare for retirement by potentially growing your assets in a tax-deferred way
- Receive a guaranteed retirement income for a set period of time or the rest of their lives, even after your account is depleted.
To learn more about this and other ways to get ahead in retirement, ask us a question below or leave your info for a free consultation about this and other ways Bill McCarthy and Associates can make your money work harder for you!